Hum sab is duniya se, doosron se, bahut kuch chahte hain
Magar hum duniya ke liye, doosron ke liye, Ya apno k liye kya kar sakte hain?
Heard this question before???
If not, wait for Wake UP Sid, a forthcoming quixotic comedy staring Ranbir Kapoor and Kokana Sen Sharma and it tells story of Siddharth Mehra aka Sid, an indolent, unenthusiastic idler from Mumbai and how his life undergoes a series of changes after taking his final year college exams. This movie is pbeing produced by Karan Johar's Dharma Productions and is directed by Ayaan Mukherjee. The music is given by successful trio – Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy along with Amit Trivedi (Dev-D fame) and lyrics are by Javed Akhtar. After ROCK-ON, SEL came back with a sweet Luck By Chance but failed miserably there after with 13B and Short kut-Con is on. With Wake UP Sid they are again here with Javed sahib, but whether they will be able to recreate the magic of Rock-On or will fizz like Short kut, only time will tell this. Here is my take on the album
1. Wake Up Sid: Album starts with a typical SEL sing along soft number Wake up Sid in the voice of Shankar Mahadevan. There is something in this song that gonna remind you of SEL old numbers from Dil Chahta Hai and Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic but even after that I-have-heard-this-before feelings, it will catch your attention because of beautiful lyrics. This song talks mainly about self believe and to live the life at fullest and upsurges at the end of the track to give a lounge feeling. BUT, this requires repetitive hearing to grow on you but otherwise it will be listen-for-a-week-and-forget song.
Wake up sid, saare pal kahe
Club Remix: The only change done in this Club Mix is that the song is sped up. Somehow I found it better than the original one may be because its speeding is suiting the mood of song.
2. Kya Karoon?: Next track starts with a soft guitar beats and then Clinton Cerejo holds the center stage to amuse you with his smooth vocals. Clinton Cerejo?? Any idea who is this guy?? Well, he is the one who gave his voices to I Just Wanna Spend My Life With You (From Neel and Nikki), Beedi jalai le (Omkara, yeah he was there with Sukhwinder Singh), Do u wanna Partner (Partner) and Dil ka Rishta (Yuvraaj) and here again he is going to show the versatility of his voice while crooning utterly beautiful wordings. The music is just according to the mood of song which talks about feeling of a guy who confused bout his life and what to do. Beautiful is the word for this but again, requires repetitive hearing.
kya karun haule haule, jo mera dil ga rha hai
kya karun dheere dheere, main behka ja raha hun
3. Aaj Kal Zindagi: Next track is a typical SEL-Javed Akhtar-Shankar Mahadevan track. Which talks about life and hope and attitude one should have towards the life. Songs starts with a slow pitch and reaches its crescendo at Tere liye nayee hain part. The music is soft and mainly rely on mellow tune and modulating speeds. A beautiful composition in all aspect but requires repetitive hearing to grow on you.
4. Iktara: When I first read that Amit Trivedi is the composer of this song, I was ecstatic. The song starts with a soulful guitar beats and Kavita Seth holds the center stage to croon this beautiful number. The music of this song is bucolic, which will keep you glued to it and has a class in itself. Kavita Seth’s (a trained Hindustani and Classical singer who is known for Mujhe Mat Roko from Gangster and Maula from Waada) exceptional, mellifluous raw and pastoral voice along with beautiful background rendition of Iktara Iktara from Amitabh is the main attraction and the real soul of the song. Awesome is the word for it. Hats off to Amit and Javed Sahib.
O re manwa tu to bawara hai
Tu hi jane tu kya sochta hai..
Kyun dikhaye sapne tu sote jaage baware
Jo Barse Sapne Boond Boond
Naino Ko Moond MoondGunjasa Hai Koi Iktara
5. Life is crazy: In this last track has a Rock-On touch to it ( due to its na na na na) where Uday Benegal (lead singer and song writer of Indus Creed, one of the pioneer rock band of India, to know more about them please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indus_Creed) and Shankar Mahadevan gave their rendition to the beautiful words which talks about colors of life, amity and how to enjoy the crazy life which keeps on changing every minute. A rocking number which will surely gonna grow on you after a few hearing.
Dilkashi ke jo ranh hai, wo hai tere
Dosati ke jo rang hai, wo hai mere
Inhi rango me chupe saare Khushi ke rang hain
Dekho na dekho na ye halke gehre gehre halke Zindagi ke lamhe
My Take: From last couple of months, the soundtrack of most of the movies are composed with keeping the fact in the mind that it should grasp the instant attention and be a trendy number because of the shorter consideration period of the audiences. So, it’s quite surprising to see come up with album whose sound tracks requires repetitive hearing to grow slowly and will hold your attention for longer period of time. But SEL are famous for this, be it Rock-On (after repetitive hearing even critics changed their view) or Luck-By Chance. So when SEL- Javed Akhtar combination came again along with enormously talented Amit Trivedi, we oan album that gonna hold our attention for long. The songs are totally according to the mood of the movie (I think that was the reason of only one song in female voice) and is gonna be played more after the release of more. Go get and keep on listening, the more you listen the more you gonna love it…I will give it 4 out of 5 stars.