Monday, November 8, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Bottle Gourd@ 30 rs/kg ( Two months back I got it for 6-8 rs/kg in Hyderabad)
Bitter Gourd@ 36 rs/kg (earlier was 12-14 rs/kg)
Garlic@ 120 rs/kg (earlier was 60/kg)
Ginger@ 100 rs/kg (earlier was 60-70/kg)
Potatoes@18 rs/kg (earlier was 8-10 rs/kg)
My expressions were like, what the heck!!!! I was more of shocked sort of when I saw the prices cos I never thought that they are so out of hand. Medha understood my condition and said, "No need to be shocked, I am buying at this rate from a month so I am habitual and Do not worry, even you will be habitual too".
mehngai dayain khaye jaat hai -
Har mahina uchle petrol, diesel ka bhi badh gaya mol
Shakkar bai ke kahe bol
Ussa baans maati daang mari jaat hai
Mehngai dayain khaye jaat hai
Sakhi saiyan toh khoob hi kamaat hai
mehngai dayain khaye jaat
Soya bean ka ka behaal, garmi mein pichke hain gaal
Ghir gaye patte, pakk gaye baal
Aur makka ji ji bhi kha gayi maat hai
Mehngai dayain khaye jaat hai
Sakhi saiyan toh khoob hi kamaat hai
mehngai dayain khaye jaat hai"
And there is something for remix lovers too, in form of English lyrics.
Recession it ain't funny
Can't go shopping honey
Keep on working, keep on running
Friday, June 18, 2010
I am taking this from Pixie's blog and trying to answer it as nothing else is coming to my mind right now. This will be an attempt to tell something more about myself to the blogger community.
Where is your cell phone? – charging (Plugged to computer )
Your hair? – Receding!
Your mother? - Doting
Your father? – Simplest person (I have ever seen )
Your favorite food? – Aalu paratha with curd,
Your dream last night? – Trying some new aviators
Your favorite drink? – Fanta!!!!!!!!!
Your dream/goal? – To own an
What room are you in? – Office cubicle (where else I could be at this time)
Your hobby? – Watching movies (inspite of there genere and crappiness)
Your fear? – Snakes
Where do you want to be in 6 years? – Goa
Where were you last night? – Home (now I am no more lucky to enjoy parties)
Something that you aren’t? – Satisfied
Muffins? – Ok!
Wish list item? – Island--> Ferrari-->Yacht
Where did you grow up? – Azamgarh (A place famous cos of Abu Salem)
Last thing you did? – Had yummy chocolate momos
What are you wearing? – Jeans, Tee and a pair of Woodland
Your TV? – Off
Your pets? – None
Friends? – Are life line!!!
Your life? – Contended
Your mood? – Impatient
Missing someone? – Shaurya (he is in his creche and cant wait up to 6)
Vehicle – Hero Honda Passion Plus and Maruti Alto Lxi
Something you’re not wearing? – Watch
Your favorite store– Hypercity
Your favorite color? - Blue
When was the last time you laughed? – Just before filling Missing someone section
Last time you cried? – April (when Shaurya stand on his own for the first time)
Your best friend? – Khushi
One place that you go to over and over? – Office (where else!! but hate it to the core)
One person who emails me regularly? – Someone from UK to offer me 100000000 pounds.
One person who calls me regularly? My wifey (to keep track on me)
Open to anyone who wants to take it up!
Friday, June 11, 2010
BTW missed the opening ceremony and Black Eyed Peas , Shakira's and K'naan's performance !!! But will watch it later on You tube for sure as I cant wait to watch thousands of football fanatics roaring on Shakira's Waka Waka and K'naan 's Wavin Flag!!
“I have seen women walk right past a TV set with a football game on and - this always amazes me - not stop to watch, even if the TV is showing replays of what we call a "good hit," which is a tackle that causes at least one major internal organ to actually fly out of a player's body.”--Dave Barry (Women aren’t interested in things their men spend time on besides their women.)
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
What could be the reason behind his abrupt behavior?
He is getting bored of me or what????
Or he simply want to enjoy his new hobby and that is riding in a walking chair?
So decided to give him sometime, so that he can realize my importance and can trouble his momma who is now enjoying his company and teasing me for that!!!!
Friday, June 4, 2010
I tried my best not to go with them but then who is going to fill in the shoe of driver and nanny when they will shop.
Went to Hypercity Mall @ Cybercity and Medha was ecstatic after seeing some nice Salwar suits and saris and I do not know what what!!
In the mean time I kept Shaurya in a shopping trolley and we happy roamed around in the mall for 2 hr , touching everything and pulling everything and almost screeching at the sight of every small kid (Shaurya is very found of the small kids of his age and now want to set beside them, it doesn't matter whether they want or not).
Till that time everything was fine but after that he started getting cranky and wanted to be carried around in the lap so I took him in the lap and sat in the corner and give him his milk which he drank and slept. (Ma and Medha still busy in shopping).
At 10.3 0 reached home and had dinner and decided to doze off but but but
Suddenly I heard a shriek and ran to the bed room and was shocked to see Shaurya up and playing happily and there was no sign of sleep in his eyes. We decided to play with him for some time so that he will get tired and will sleep but he decided to go against all odds and played up to 2.30 and then dozed off peacefully.
I started the presentation and at that very moment yawned for the first time and they keep on coming after every 2 min. Thankfully no one asked any question and i finished it off in 20 min. After that there was a coffee break and a double cup of black coffee gave me enough boost to clear up my thoughts and then i realized what I have done with the presentation!!
I came back and then sat my place to draw this one (may be my mind was still fuzzy that time).
Generally Shaurya sleeps well in night and had never troubled us but I think now a days he is trying to stand on his own and cruising. And now he want to take us with him for a ride!!! A tough ride.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
BUT the final word is that, these meetings can’t be avoided.
So I decided to come up with something that could help me in surviving some of the most boring one where I usually sits absent mindedly. I tried using Twitter but alas no one replied me back (except Arshad Warsi and Celina Jaitly, even she replied on Shaurya’s Tweet pic Check it here) or retweeted me, tried listening music using under collar hidden earphones (Alas got busted by my boss and got a stern look) and also tried playing games on mobile phone, but no respite.
So decide to go back to doodling (to scribble or draw aimlessly) which was my favorite past time during my college days and this is the thing where you will never got caught and others will think that you are deeply indulged in the discussion. This is the first doodle, doodled at today morning meeting (Gosh!!!!!! It is so horrible to start your day with a boring meting).
Do tell me how is it and how you cope up with such situation.
Watch this area for more!!!
P.S: I feel that it is golden opportunity to write/draw my experience with Shaurya, my little devil who is teaching me a new lesson every day.
Monday, May 24, 2010
The larger the budget, the finer the star cast… the better the propaganda, advertise and controversies… the bigger the expectations from a film. This all falls in a p lace for a movie like KITES. Kites has all the big names attached with it, Hritik Roshan, Barbara Moi (Bigger because of her photo shoots and the Hritik-Suzzane hullabaloo), Anurag Basu (I loved his direction in Life in a metro and Gangster), Rakesh Roashan and Rajesh Roshan.
Well, have you ever heard of a hindi phrase “दूर के ढोल सुहावने होते हैं” or in English "The drums sound better at a distance" (Oops in the lingo of Kites (in Spanish) it would be tambor sonido mirarse bueno de distancia or something like that).
Well somehow I managed to watch this movie and I found it painfully slow and totally confused one.
What happened next?
The Good: Before thrashing the movie, I would like to tell some good things about आईटी।
The Bad: Visually, KITES is thespian and never fails to make an ample impact, but it stagger drastically in various departments.
1. Story: The story was way-beyond-the-world kindda of story. It was a perfect bhelpuri of K. Balachander’s Ek Duuje Ke Liye, Tony Scott’s Revenge (watched this one yesterday and was totally shocked) and Roshan’s very own Koyla (* SRK and Madhuri). The story is totally predictable and unrealistic.
2. Cinematography: I praised it a few lines above but only because of the serene landscapes, otherwise you will be tired of Hrithik’s close up shots (almost every 20-30 sec there will be a close up shot of him, where he will be shaking and trembling his lips or crying or howling…….. (Dude!!! Give me a break!! We know he looks nice but I don’t want to see him as a screenshot for half the movie).
3. Slow motion shot: Kites have a way too many slow motion shots (even more than YRF films) and it is totally unbearable and it forced me too yawn and finally to sleep after some time. Why so many slow-mo shots Mr. Basu??
4. Overacting: this was true for all the lead characters!! You remember a promo where Hrithik says “Bolo Pakaun kya??” and he did that wonderfully by his whining, howling and cryi
The ugly and the most importantly: Direction: After LIAM and Gangster, I was a big fan of Mr. Basu but this movie left me dumbstruck. I am still confused what exactly he wanted Hrithik to portray, a passionate aficionado or a bare-chested eye-candy? Barbara looks nice at places but was so inconsistent.
So in other words, besides, personage brilliance, Kites flew erratically and finally crash lands on the pocket of the movie goers!!! In three words, I will define the movie as “Exteriorizar chingando mierda" or something of that sort (I tried to change words directly to spanish :P)
Friday, April 2, 2010
Reached my cubicle, logged to my Lotus notes (pathetic one) and Yippee!!!!! Team meeting canceled. Decided that now its time to check news! and landed to IBN Live through google news.
Gone through mundane news of Rabri and Lalu, Woman Bill, IPl and Sallu and many other but suddenly this tile caught my attention (Check it here) which was titled as Marry an Indian: Sena tells Sania.
The first word came to my mind was What the F#$&?
I was shocked to see Mr. Thackeray saying :"had Sania's heart been Indian, it wouldn't have beaten for a Pakistani. Henceforth, Sania will not remain an Indian. Had her heart been Indian, it wouldn't have beaten for a Pakistani. If she wished to play for India, she should have chosen an Indian life partner," an editorial in party mouthpiece 'Saamana'.
Who are you to dictate what to do and what not to??
But then he came down to some utterly stupid things "More than victories on tennis court, Sania became famous for her tight clothes, fashion and love affairs" (read full article here).
Well, Mr. Thackeray, let me clarify you one thing, We the people of India, praise Sania for her superb game and her powerful forehand ground strokes.
And who the hell are you to say that??
And Legal head Shiv Sena Rahul Narvekar adds icing on the cake "Morally she (Sania) has no right to get into this wed lock in the cost or expense of another individual. On one hand, Sania mirza stands for 'Save the Girl' child campaign and on the another hand she is showing absolutely no respect, no care , no attitude for another girl, women or lady of this country"
Oh!!! Mr Narvekar!! Is it??
What are you doing to save girls who are brutally raped and molested in your Maharashtra??
Where were your Shiv Sena and MNS, when a pune girl was raped yesterday??
Further he adds "Is Sania Mirza achievement is in isolation of the nation? If nation has supported her out , it is her duty to have sentiments, values and emotions for the people of this country"
Mr. Thackeray and Narvekar, Are you jealous ?
Have you ever thought why Nation supported her and not you?
Have you ever done your duty towards sentiments, values and emotions for the people of this country and your state??
The answer is NO!! NEVER!!
And Please stop this crap!!!
Its her life let her decide what she wants to do!! You are no one to say anything!!!
P.S: picture taken from http://www.outlookindia.com/ and is really awesome.
Monday, March 29, 2010
I played with Shaurya for sometimes who now a days wants Daddy's full attention and want to be with me all the time (I always use to hear that Boys falls for Moma and girls for Daddy, but this is a totally different case) and was able to watch few balls of some match in IPL (now I days i am busy with SPL, in other words it is Shaurya Premier League).
After dinner when I retired to bed, the question "Why are you not writing these days?" came to me again. I tried a lot to justify the reason to myself but somehow I was not able to find any convincing answer.
It is not like that I didn't tried to write something, I tried but nothing came to my mind. Whether it is work or it is my mental state that is topping me from writing, I am not sure. I use to login, open a new post thing but never use to write. Reason I am still searching, but the most important one is what to write?
Should I write a book review or a music review (movie review is out of the scope as I haven't watched anything after Kaminey :( ) or to write something on my daily experiences as a father?
I want to write but I am confused!!!!
I am short of ideas!!!!!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Nerves are exploding
weak like old twig.
I am exhausted of being sick
No energy left in me
it looks like I am losing my skills.
I am dead beat of so-called acquaintances,
Who kept on stabbing me in the back
Again and again and again
I am drained of trying to make things right,
I decided to give up – I surrender
with no spirit to fight.
Right now… I’m just tired…
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Well lets check the music whether the soundtrack are able to make make us want to dance or not? Opps I forgot to add the icing, there were 4 music directors for this one. Adnan Saami is the official one (on covers) but the album also contains songs composed by Pritam, Ken Ghosh and Sandeep Shirodkar.
1. Pe.. Pe... Pepein...: The first track is Pe Pe Pepein (totally weird and ridiculous title!) and will remind you of By God (from APKGK) because of the same shehnai tune (Mind you, this time pritam stole his own music so you cant blame him). This one is crooned by non other than Neeraj shredhar and later on Master Saleem joins him along with Hard Kaur who pitches in some hard- core punjabi raps (dunno whether using a right word or not) . Its totally weird but you will hum it along for some time and then it will be forgotten. Ohhh this one has a remixed version too where the speed of the track has been increased and some extra beats have been added to give more dance feeling.
Dont worry jo chadhi zara si
Pe ha Pee chal chod udasi
Dont worry kar balle shalle
Dont worry Kya rehna kalle
Zor hilaa de paira thaale
Haa aye Dil tu bhi maar chalanga
Is Dolly ka dyaan kare
dil se dil ka taar mile to
Khushiyon ka mahaul bane
Pe Pe Pe Peeing"
2. Pump It Up: The next track is Pump It Up where our famous (???) music director Vishal Dadlani (of Vishal Shekhar duo who was also the vocalist of Mumbai-based band Pentagram) holds the center stage. Besides a heavy dhol and electronic guitar mix there is nothing special about this track but it works well with Shahid's move and that all is its USP.
"Pump it up!
We gona get in on
Na Na NA
Hil Jayegi yeh zameen bhi
Yeah! we gona get it on
Na Na NA
Na Na NA
Na Na NA na na"
This track appears later as as a remixed version which has some extra pace and beats associated to it but over all it remains the same. Will work surely in discs.
4. One More Dance: Next track starts with some good beats and some new techno vibrations (will give you feel that you are listening to some English track but after 30 sec you will have that i-have-heard-this-before feeling because of the background tune of Nach All Night from Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (this forced me to check for the music director again and i was surprised to find Adnan' sname over there as I was expecting it to be Pritam). This track is crooned by Kunal Ganjawala and he did a good job but there is something missing in this track and its fails to impress. May be work with Shahid's move (as its already a hit among girls mostly due to Shahid's six pack and dance skills).
Whats the din? in jhoom, boom boom shake the room
I wanna wanna see you movin, do feel the maza
Take it from the top, keep doing, tick tock tick tock
Kuch shor ho kuch zor ho, kuch aurr ho ab na
You gotta feel the heat now on the beat, go oo aa oo aa
Shaan se raat aayi hai, ik nasha saath layi hai
Kal ho kya ye to jaane kaun
Ye dal zameeki? going on and on
Give me one on give me one more, Give me one on give me one more
Give me one on give me one more, Give me one more dance"
5. Yaba Daba Yahoo: Next track Yaba Daba Yahoo is crooned by Kunal Ganjawala and have a mix of english and hindi lyrics. This one is a disco number which will remind you of Zoobi Doobi from 3 Idiots. The best thing about this one was the music arrangment which gives it a retro feel But again it lacks the punch that Zoobi doobi has. (I heard that the movie was first named as Yahoo and so this song was created).
6. Rishta Hai Mera: Next track Rishta hai mera starts with a smoothing rendition by Shaan (that too in quite different voice) and then slowly ascends to a soulful love ballad where Tulsi Kumar joins him. This track has a lots of guitar and drum percussions that gives it old feel (feel of 90's song) but the track lacks punch. It would be like listen and forgot track if not properly choreographed.
behadd ye dil bekaraar, beintaahi hai Haan taare hawa mausam fiza
badal gatah sang hai ab gum na koi hai Haan zarra zarra jhoome,
khushi kadamon ko choome, pyaare se hain ye silsile Wo wo .. rishta hai mera aasmano se Badalon se bhi milna hai abhi Haath bhi milana hai sitaron se"
7. Just do it: The next track Just do it is a hip-hop based number crooned by Amit and music is given by Ken Ghosh and Sandeep Shirodkar. This track tells us to feel free and dance and it may be played as background music during dance session showed in movie. Hopefully it will make some sense on screen.
Laga le jatka, do it with what you got
If you can shake a leg to dance aayega
Saala pappu bhi nachke dikhayega
Na kar bheja fry, just give it a try
Naach bindass duniya baad mein jaaye
Dikha de nachke, you gotta prove it
Don't think kya da da da do it"
My Take: Going by the previous movies by Ken Ghosh (Ishq-Vishk and Fida), I was expecting something different from this album. Agreed that movie has dance as theme so songs has to comply with it but on listening the album sound similar to the albums available now days (take Love aaj kal, Ajab Prem ki Gajab Kahani etc.) There is nothing special at least on the first few listening but may be it will make greater impact when choreographed properly. Otherwise Chance pe Dance is simply as strident and vociferous as any other present day album. I will give it 2.5 star out of 5 as it lacks the punch completely.
What I will keep on my play list:
May be nothing for long but will surely play
1. Pal mein hi
2. Pump It Up
3. Pe.. pe.. Pepein
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
To be true, expectations were not high from this epic movie on the music front as the music was by Sallu's fav Sajid Wajid who are known for there Dan-chic music releases (be it Hello, Wanted or God tussi great ho). But surprisingly the music was on the soothing side and the reason behind that was the awesome lyrics by Gulzaar sahab (It is very hard to destroy his lyrics only Pritam is capable of doing that, remember Marjani from Billu??).
1. Taali: The surprise starts from the first song Taali itself, which is a spirited and truly Indian track with a rustic rajasthani flavor (yeps it is not a love song that starts the album! Different, isn't it??), which is crooned by Sukhwinder Singh and later on Sonu Nigam, Wajid along with Neuman Pinto joins him. When I heard it for the first time, I checked the cover again as i was not ready to accept that it is a Sajid wajid creation but it needs a few hearing to grow on. Nice start.
This song appear later as a solo version in the voice of Sukhwinder and he brilliantly carry this song all along on his own.
Paani mein jaise deep jaale re
Hai ghunghat peeche gora mukhda
Paani mein jaise deep jaale re
Charo chahaar wahi bahi dekhoon
Aankh mein kaisa sapna chale re"
2. Surili Akhiyon Waali: The second track Surili Akhiyon Waali is a meloromantic number with some heartfelt and fresh lyrics but there is some thing in the music that will give you I-have-Heard-This-Before feeling (reminds me of tune jo na kaha main wo sunta raha khaamkha bewajah khwaab bunta raha from New York) but nevertheless it is good track to play along due to awesome lyrics and heartfelt rendition by Rahat Fateh Ali khan. Besides this track has an english portion (Antara) in the voice of Suzanne D'mello which will force you to repeat this one for sure.
Behti hai neendein aurr neendon mein sapne
Kabhi to kinaro pe, utar mere sapno se
Aaja zameen pe aurr mil ja kahin pe
Mil ja kahin .. aa ..
Mil ja kahin, samey se pareh, samey se pareh
Mil ja kahin, tu bhi akhiyon se kabhi meri akhiyon ki sunn
Surili akhiyon waali, suna hai teri akhiyon se"
The same track appears as a duet later where Sunidhi Chauhan joins Rahat to create the magic.
3. Salaam Aaya Next rack Salaam Aaya is in the voice of Roop Kumar Rathod, Shreya and Suzanne De Mello (this time Sajid Wajid got some big guns for sure) and is a slow, melodious track. The best thing about this track is the heartfelt singing by Rathod.
Waqt ke saqt hai ab ye pitt te nahi
Haan tere bina saans bhi chalti hai
Tere bina dil bhi dhadakta hai
Yaad nahi that yaad aaya
Dabi dabi saanson mein suna tha maine
Bole bina mera naam aaya
Palkein jhuki aurr uthne lagi to
Haule se uska salaam aaya"
4. Meharbaniyan: So far so good but with the next track Meharbaniyan, Sajid Wajid is with a typical Sallu song crooned by Sonu Nigam. This song is totally out of the place song this movie. Sajid Wajid should have saved this one for some other movie. Not required.
Arrey kitne rang aate jaate hain, aap ke do rukh saaron par
Ek khaya ka rang gulabi, dhoop chadi kosahron par
Kitne rang aate jaate hain, aap ke do rukh saaron par
Arrey har ek ka adaa masoom hai, har ek adaa meherbaan
Meherbaniyan hai, meherbaniyan
Aji meherbaniyan, badi meherbaniyan"
5. Kanha: When i heard the next track, Kanha, I again checked the cover for the music director as I was not expecting something like this from Sajid Wajid after mind-boggling Meharbaniyan. this track is a must listen for all the classical musio lover where Rekha Bhardwaj gave heartfelt rendition and was supported brilliantly by Sabri bothers (Shabab Sabri, Toshi & Sharib) . This song has Rekha written all over it. A masterpiece. SW needs a ovation for this one.
Likho pena likho chithiyan ho chithiyan, tipo bina likho chithiyan
Chithiyon ke sandeshe videsh se jaavengi chalengi chathiyan
Chithiyon ke sandeshe videsh se jaavengi chalengi chathiyan
Kanha .. bairun hui bansuri
Ho kanha .. tere adhar kyun dagi
Ang se lagey to, bol suna gaye
Bhaiye na moh lagey
Kanha, din to katta, sanj kattey
Kaise kattey, ratiya
Pavan udha ve batiyan ho batiyan, pavan udha ve batiyan"
6. Spirit Of Veer: The last original track of the album is a minute instrumental Spirit Of Veer which ends as soon as it starts. So need not to pay attention to it.
My Take: When I read the name of Sajid Wajid as Music director, I was a bit disappointed cos they are known for some wacky music but Veer came as a pleasant surprise and the album struned out to be above average or a good one and all because they did not mascaraed the awesome lyrics of Gulzar. Try it!! I will give it 3 out of 5.
What I will keep on my play list:
1. Taali (both Versions)
2. Surili Akhiyon Wale (cause of its awesome lyrics)
3. Salaam aaya